04 Oct 2012 No Comments
Prepare for one of the best diabetes-friendly meals you will ever eat.
Ham and Cheese Chicken (diabetes-friendly cooking, but anyone looking for healthy diet foods may want this recipe)
What you will need:
1. 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves (6oz apiece)
2. 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
3. 1 oz thin sliced lean cooked ham
4. 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of reduced fat garlic cream cheese
5. 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
6. 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
7. 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese (grated)
8. 1/2 cup of fat free milk
9. cooking spray
10. 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon reduced calorie margarine (melted)
11. 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
The chicken should go between two sheets of heavy plastic wrap, flattened with a rolling pin to 1/4 inches, sprinkled with pepper.
Spread the ham on each chicken breast half. The cream cheese goes over the ham, the chicken gets rolled up (start from the short end, tuck the ends under). Use toothpicks to pin it after you roll it.
Mix the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken rolls in milk, throw em in your breadcrumbs mix. Place the chicken on a baking dish (use cooking spray). Be sure that the seams sides are down. Combine the margarine and lemon juice and sprinkle it on the chicken, then sprinkle again with paprika. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes on 350 (until tender).
After it’s cooked, remove the picks and slice and serve!
Stay tuned for more diabetic recipes!
Need diabetes supplies? Check out DSPlus.